Welcome to the Bowdon Middle School Media Center
My name is Jill Adams and I have been the media specialist at Bowdon Middle School since it opened in the fall of 2000. Prior to that time, I was the media specialist at Bowdon Elementary for four years.
I began my teaching career in 1986 and taught 2nd grade for two years in Coweta County and one year at Mt. Zion Elementary before coming home to Bowdon to teach 4th grade. I taught for ten years before landing my dream job in the library. After 34 years, I still love being in the media center and sharing my passion for reading with the students at Bowdon Middle School.
- The Media Center is open to students from 7:45am to 3:30pm each day.
- Students may check out one book per day
- Students may keep the books for 2 weeks before returning or renewing them
- At the end of the two weeks, students have a one week grace period before they start accruing a fine. Fines are 10 cents a day and cap at $3.00.
- Students may not check out if they have an overdue book or owe a fine.
- Students in all grade levels are required to earn a minimum of 15 AR points each nine weeks.
- Students must earn the minimum 15 points each nine weeks and have a passing percentage of at least 80% will get to participate in a grade level reward.
- Students who earn 30 points each nine weeks and have a passing percentage of at least 80% will get to go on a Mystery Field Trip.
- Tests may be taken at school from 7:45am to 3:30pm.
- No student will take an AR test for another student.
- No student will give another student answers to an AR test.
- No student will allow another student to view his/her answers as he/she takes an AR test.
- If a student cheats or allows another student to cheat, ALL students involved with the cheating will lost the points from the tests involved, and will receive a discipline memo.
- Students who are caught cheating will not be allowed to participate in the grade level rewards or go on the Mystery Field trip.